Sunday, February 5, 2023

So this just happened....

 There was the monthly local trade night at the local shop this past Thursday evening. Frivolities were had, poor life choices were made, the usual.

Follow.

I'm standing on one side of the shop with a couple of friends, while a group of people are opening boxes twenty feet away. When they erupt with cheers, and then as one, get quiet, and all turn and look at me.

Not anything to be worried about, right? Ha! They were like zombies yearning for brains. The salivating was palpable.


Turns out, this was pulled. And apparently even people I don't know, know that I'm the Andruw Jones guy.

So yeah. One of my Andruw binders now hosts a Superfractor.

Does this mean I'm now one of the cool kids???

3 comments:

bamlinden said...

Out of hibernation to post a gem!

I was there. The “oh crap” eye roll when you gazed upon the card for the first time was priceless.

Kudos to you for making the deal to land it. What an add to the collection.

Brett Alan said...

Awesome pull! Will be even better when he justly takes his place in Cooperstown.

Fuji said...

Congratulations on adding this awesome card to your Jones PC. It's even more awesome that you skipped the one-touch and slid it into a 9-pocket.