Thursday, November 22, 2012

Wax n' Sushi

Back in May I wrote a post about mini Humpty Dumpty baseball and hockey cards found in bags of potato chips.
Ryan from Chaos and Kanji sent me an email asking about the availability of them. I said no problem, which ones did he want? He only wanted one of them. Just one. So I mailed it off to him. Easy Peasy.
A few days ago I received an envelope from Japan. Ryan had sent me some cards from Japan.

Although I don't even consider tennis a sport, getting cards of Caroline Wozniacki and Maria Sharapova is always a good thing.
I cleaned my scanner before scanning these.... not like you can tell. I hate foil.

Of course you knew there were going to be Japanese baseball cards.... looks like there's going to be a play at the plate!
Anybody been wondering where Kaz Ishii went?
I also got a couple of Japanese football cards.
Some of you may remember watching Yuji Nakazawa in the 2010 World Cup.....
some of you just may remember chasing after his sticker trying to complete your Panini 2010 World Cup sticker book.

Thanks for the cards Ryan... it's great to see my hobby from a different perspective.

2 comments:

Ryan G said...

Glad you got them, and glad you like them! I'm not sure what's up with the foil on those tennis cards, either...

Fuji said...

Japanese soccer cards = Awesome!