Friday, May 20, 2011

You've heard of Seal Team Six...

well this has nothing to do with them. But it does have to do with an insert set called Team Six from 2005 Absolute Playoff Baseball. A couple of weeks ago the owner of my local card shop went to the Expo in Toronto. I talk like I know what the Expo is, but I have no idea. All I know is that the card manufacturers are there as well as a whole mess o' dealers. So it's basically a big card show on steroids. I think.
Anyways.... Darren came back with little gifts for all of his best customers. And for some reason he brought me something too.

Here we have the best top 3 pitching rotation in baseball. Damn I miss these guys.
 but that's not all.... look at the back! Andruw Jones!!! and ... and... two other guys!!
 And here it gets even better. How's this for a 3-4-5 in the batting order? Chipper, Murph, and Andruw. Awesome.
 but that's not all! Look at the back! The Big Cat! Raffy! and.... and.... some other guy!
Really cool cards from an era when I wasn't collecting. Even if I was, I would have never pulled these....

But here's where it gets complicated. Do I put these cards in my Chipper box? My Glavine box? My Smoltzie box? My Andruw box? My Maddux box? Seriously. I have monster boxes devoted to each of these guys.

Suggestions?

I'm gonna need some sharp scissors.

Thanks Darren!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slowly place the scissors on the ground and step back from the relic cards with your hands in the air.

Trust me. I'm with the government and I'm here to help.

Anonymous said...

You just need to get your LCS owner to get five more copies of each card...