Thursday, February 7, 2013

1952 Lightning Bolts. You heard me.

I've been slowly going through the package that dayf the Cardboard Junkie sent me awhile ago. I was initially planning to show this card off last, as it is the best card from the package. But the more I look at it, the more I wanted to show it off. As it is without a doubt, in the top two of cards I have ever received.
There it is. Glorious. For those not in the know, it is a 1952 Topps Earl Torgeson. Perhaps the most over rated set of all, but still epic in it's epicness.

It is also my very first 1952 Topps Brave. My chase for the team set is officially underway. I've always had the '52 set on my list, but it now has a little check mark on it.

But how awesome is this card? For one, it's more oval now than rectangular. What was once the four corners are now as soft as bunnies.
This is the kind of card that takes me back to being a kid again. Something this hobby has lacked for me lately.
And the kid in me says, those are NOT creases, but rather lightning bolts coming from Torgeson's bat!

I think this card is in a tie for my all time favourite card from a fellow blogger. It's right there with this one I featured a long time ago.

 
a 1954 Bowman Eddie Matthews. Also from dayf. I'm sensing a pattern here.
 
Thanks pal.
 
LIGHTNING BOLTS!!!!!

3 comments:

CaptKirk42 said...

Lightning Bolts. I've got to remember that. Never thought of it that way as a kid.

Unknown said...

I never thought of lightning bolts as a kid either. Sweet card though.

Play at the Plate said...

I can almost feel the vintage in my hand. Beautiful.