Wednesday, April 9, 2014

To no one's surprise, where Topps fails, friends succeed.

 
some of you may have been bored enough to read a post I wrote back on March 20 entitled Topps puts the screws to me again... LINK (if you haven't, there ya go)
 
Long story short, I pulled a relic card of one of my Braves, Julio Teheran, sans relic.
 
Yeah.
 
A simple white / grey jersey swatch, and the bungled it. And of course did nothing about it. Let's hear it for exclusives! Yay!
 
Well one person read my post for sure... because a few days later a PWE arrived in my mailbox.
 
Inside was a note from commish bob. He said he read my post and then opened a pack of Heritage to find this....
 

he thought I should have it.

Thanks friend. Never has a plain grey single jersey card meant so much.

3 comments:

flywheels said...

Right on!

TheRealDFG said...

Members of this hobby never cease to amaze me.

Commishbob said...

Odd thing.... I didn't even realize it was the same guy at first. I just knew I had gotten a Braves patch card and thought of you. A happy coincidence, eh?