Friday, June 6, 2014

help needed...

Computer help that is. I'm in crisis. I hate when I arrive at something that needs to be done, but I'm too dumb to do it.
Shockingly it doesn't happen as often as you think.

I need a computer techie/nerd/geek/god to help me fix my PC. Or at least perform last rites.

I'm having hard drive issues. And while I do have a partial backup on one of those external back up thingies (technical term) it's about a month old and there is some data newer than that, that I really REALLY need.

So if you can help, or know anyone who can... please email me or leave a comment here with your email... whichever.


Until then, I'll be in the corner weeping softly.


Commishbob said...

Is it dead? Are you able to get the machine to boot? There are some excellent file recovery tools out there if it's a matter of files being trashed on a hard drive you can get into. If the drive is dead you may need to bring it in to a shop and bite the cost bullet. I've yet to see a drive that can't be salvaged, at least as far as getting the files off.

zman40 said...

Sorry I can't help you with your computer. But, if you can find a way to get online, make sure you finish up my contest by filling out a bracket.

Good luck!