Monday, February 8, 2016

Constructive. Constructive. B. E. Constructive.

Growing up my parents tried to instill values in me. You know, morals, the difference between right and wrong, kindness, compassion, etc....
One of the things my mother always said was; "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
I miss my mom. But I can still see the expression on her face after I've said something I perhaps should've thought more about... and then there it was...
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

I was a quiet child.

Moving on.

As you all know, the new 2016 Topps baseball product hit the streets this past week. I've read a LOT of reviews on the product. From Night Owl on down.... everyone seems to have their opinion on it. I have yet to find anyone who actually likes it though. This may go down with '87 Topps and '91 Donruss as one of the worst sets of all time if believe what you read.

But in the interest of fairness, I say No. I will not just believe what I read on the internet. I will make my own decisions, have my own opinions, and NOT be influenced by others. (thanks mom.)

So here it is, my first pack of 2016 Topps.

Kevin Pillar as my first card. I think I had him in PATP's contest. I wonder if this gets me a consolation prize or something.

The gas seems to have overwhelmed Sanchez....



My first Brave! Matt went 8-8 last year.... I think we got him from the Padres...

look at the damage on that Greinke!!! That's not from Topps, that's from a card shop owner who happens to be a Dodgers fan.

A local boy! (According to MLB, Toronto is my "local" team here in Calgary.)
Who the hell is the Prince?????
ugh.
Okay. So I've ripped open my pack and now, keeping in mind my mom's instructions, I will give you my review on 2016 Topps baseball.


....



Welp. There's always next year.

4 comments:

night owl said...

I will heed your mom's advice and say, "excellent post."

Mike Matson said...

It's funny. I love both 1987 Topps and 1991 Donruss.. I'm still on the fence about this year's set.. Maybe if I saw them in hand rather than online...

Captain Canuck said...

Ha! That's awesome Mike...

Hackenbush said...

The more I see the "gas" the less I like the cards. Way to take some nice photos and full bleed and mess it up.