Saturday, September 24, 2011

Free stuff!

Awhile ago, (okay, a long time ago) David at First and Goal held a contest. I wanted to enter. This isn't rocket science is it? Well, it gets a little odd after that. You see, David is one of those new fangled techies who is on facebook and twitter etc... etc... I am not. I'll leave tweeting up to all the 14 year old girls who NEED to know where everyone is at all times and what they're doing. I could not care any less.

Stay with me...

Now the contest Dave was running required you to do something on twitter or myspace or something, I can't remember. I, being twitless, could not do the required task. So I just left a comment saying Good Luck with the contest.

Fast forward a month. A package arrives at my door with contest winnings from First and Goal. What??? I have no idea how I won, but I've never refused hobby generousity before.
I got me some loot. That wee little baseball set has Hank Aaron in it. Enough said. That is the second Emmit Smith tin I've got from David. This one was full of Tony Romo and Jason Witten cards, along with a few other Cowboys. And then 3/4 of a retail box of 08/09 UD Victory. Sweet. Packs to open are never a bad thing.

Thanks for the loot David!

2 comments:

Stealing Home said...

hey there..speaking of free stuff, trading is free...kinda. dont know if you've been to my blog yet (its new), but check out my braves page. every card there is trade bait. hope you see something you like. http://alltradebait.blogspot.com/2011/09/any-atlanta-fans-out-there.html

Fuji said...

Agree 100%... cheap wax packs are awesome, but free wax packs are even better. Can't wait to see what you pull from the Victory packs.