Sunday, September 29, 2013

a few friendly freebies.

I've been the recipient of a few gifts recently. Time to start showing off some of them.

Fellow blogger bamlinden recently opened up a box of 2013 Panini Cooperstown while at trade night at one of the local shops.
He pulled some sweet cards, and saved the box topper for last. Peeling back the silver foil revealed...

a Warren Spahn HOF pennant. It's about 3 1/2" x 5" made from blue felt. It's now mine. Thanks Brett!
Although I have no idea how to store it, or display it.

Speaking of the local shops, I went around to them earlier in the year looking for Panini's 2013 Golden Age baseball release.
None of them had brought any in.
I guess I'm not surprised.... Panini anything doesn't really sell well around here.
Fast forward to the recently, and Fuji held a contest on his blog. Somehow I ended up being one of the winners and received these six cards as my prize.


Really, those are pretty much the only cards I wanted from Golden Age, so everything worked out in the end. Thanks Fuji.

I also just received a small box from gcrl. The box was small, but it weighed about 15 pounds. In it was stacks of junk era hockey cards that I've just started sorting through... and a few Braves just because.
Among the outnumbered baseball cards was a smiling Dale Murphy insert. Dale is reacting to someone telling him that idiot voters will keep a two time MVP out of the Hall of Fame.

There was some new modern shiny!

Here`s the dude responsible for Brian McCann wearing Yankee pinstripes next year. Apparently he`s the number one catching prospect in baseball.

And you can`t just have shiny without balancing it with vintage.

First a sweet `59 Frank Torre. I already have one in my team set, but this one will replace it. This card is sharp! Amazing condition. If I were a lesser collector, this one would go to grading.
 
And another awesome vintage card, from the 1974 Topps set. Hank Aaron is on cards #1-6.
This is card #2. And it is NOT sharp. But it is fantastic. AND I needed it for my team set. Always feels good to slide a card into an empty spot in the page. I now have #'s 1 and 2... still need 3,4,5,6.

One day.

Thanks Jim!

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Glad the BNB cards arrived safely. Btw... very cool pennant. I'll have to see if Panini made any pennants for the Athletics.