Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Saving the planet.... one e-zine at a time....

The kind, patient folks at Zinio asked me awhile back if I would post about their product to all the wonderful people that hang out around here.

I'm finally getting around to it. It never rains, but it pours, right? It's been one of those months.



Anyways, What is Zinio you might be asking?

Zinio is the world's largest electronic newstand. Thousands of top magazines from all over the world. All on your computer or mobile device.
Pretty sweet.

Now I was always a guy who liked to hold the magazine while reading it. But over time, I switched. Especially with the new phones and tablets... there's no reason anymore to be lugging around a magazine or newspaper.
Not to mention the whole environmentally friendly issue. If we cut out just 10% of our newspaper or magazine production... imagine the trees we could save.

Some other goodies... with Zinio you can browse or buy single issues or subscriptions from wherever you are, whenever you like. Instantly. And using the Explore feature, you can read articles, even without a subscription, and share them with your friends.

Not something I would do, but a cool feature nonetheless.

Want to try a magazine before committing to a year long subscription? Try the new Z Pass. For $5 a month, you have a subcription to three magazines a month. Next month, keep the same three or swap them out for new titles. Now that I might use... I can never make up my mind.


EDIT: Here is a link to take you to Z-Pass.... http://bit.ly/z-pass-ah

Zinio also has specials all of the time. Every month something different is featured. So keep checking back on their site and you might find something you like on sale!


Now for those of you who have sat through my little spiel... I have a reward for you. Zinio has offered up some free subscriptions for my readers. (one less than originally planned as I'm going to keep one for myself)

So we're having a little contest. Well, two contests actually, but one is now over. After the results for the 2012-13 Premier League Contest are posted, I will have three subscriptions left to giveaway.

If you would like a FREE subscription to one of the thousands Zinio offers, all you have to do is go to www.zinio.com and browse through the titles.

Then, leave me a comment here on this post saying you would like one and mention two of the possible titles you may choose. You do NOT have to mention the one you would actually want... that's to decide later IF you win!

You must also leave me your email addy in your comment. This will be the addy I use to contact you should you win. Leave it in the form of myemailaddy AT theinternet DOT com so the spam bots don't get you.

Start shopping and good luck!

5 comments:

Casey said...

As a librarian, I am familiar with Zinio and can vouch for its awesomeness. I wanted to bring their service into the library I work at but alas, we do not have the funds currently. If I could, though, I'd do it in a heartbeat and scrap all of the physical copies.

sara hamltion said...

Thank you for this giveaway

- two of the possible titles : SFX & Total Film
- my email : mssmj_66 AT yahoo DOT com

bamlinden said...

Looks very cool. Thanks for the info (and the contest).

My titles: Sportsnet Magazine & Classic Rock

milesb60 AT hotmail DOT com

Mark Aubrey said...

Thanks. I'd like one, please.

* Family Tree Magazine
* Stadium Journey

mark DOT aubrey AT gmail DOT com

Nachos Grande said...

I like contests!

Popular Woodworking or Smithsonian

fanofreds (dot) auctions (at) gmail (dot) com. Note that auctions is plural...a dumb choice on my part but too late to change it now...