Thursday, February 20, 2014

My first PWE! and a few overdue thanks...

Living in the North has it's advantages. I personally like it. However, it has it's disadvantages as well. Particularly within our little hobby.
 
Trying to buy one card on ebay and having to pay between $13.50 and $33 shipping. For ONE CARD! Needless to say, I haven't bought off of ebay for almost a year now.
 
Mail delivery. Due to the problems with potential Polar Bear extinction, all package delivery has been moved to the sled dogs who used to do just lettermail. The extra weight has slowed them down considerably.
 
However, I just received my first PWE from the "Lower 48 PWE Explosion."
 
It came from Steve at The Card Chop. He managed to stuff five vintage Braves in the envelope.
 
1956 Topps Bob Buhl. I tried to recreate that throwing motion in my bonus room the other day. I knocked over a lamp and popped out my knee. Kids. Don't try this at home.
 

Sticking with Mr Buhl, we find his 1961 Topps card. What the hell is he looking at? Couldn't the photographer at least try to get his attention?

a 1967 Denis Menke -  I think Steve's Chihuahua got a hold of one of the corners on this baby...

there were also two 1955 Topps, but blogger ate the scans... who knows what blog they popped out on. Keep an eye out for them, would you?

A couple of other bloggers also braves the Northern Polar Express mail route...

Night Owl needed some light reading, so he took a peek at my wantlists and found two cards that I needed.

Of course, one of them HAD to be a mini......

and the other one came with a wee note.


Hall of Famers? Where? This is a fantastic Tony Cloninger card...


I have no idea what Owl is talking about....

And all the way from Texas, Mr Play at the Plate sent me a Brave on TV.


and a very shiny Chipper... (along with a couple of others not seen here)

and a really cool metal John Smoltz! This thing is very thin, very heavy, and very sharp.


I could shave with this thing.

This PWE thing might catch on around here.... at least, I hope so.

Thanks guys!

4 comments:

JediJeff said...

Who the heck are those hack wannabes ruining a perfectly good Cloninger pitching leader card?

Captain Canuck said...

I dunno dude... just excess chaff

night owl said...

Just keep following your inferior teams and players, boys.

bamlinden said...

Bob Buhl needs to have a staring contest with my fave.....Gary Jarrett.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/bamlinden/ZZ%20OTHER%20STUFF%20ZZ/jarrett.jpg

Awesome stuff.