Friday, January 16, 2009

I did it again.....

I've been working on my wantlists, desperately trying to get some trades going and finish off some sets before the 2009 stuff hits.
Well, the trades haven't been forthcoming, and it looks like I've committed to another set. I love these cards.
So now I'm working on Series One, when Series Two hits in mere days.
Perfect. Why do I always do this? Derek Roy - Buffalo (Flying through mid air... nice effort.)
Brad Richards - Dallas
Drew Stafford - Buffalo
Anze Kopitar - Los Angeles ( pronounced like it's spelled, a great player on a crap team)

Niklas Kronwall - Detroit
Peter Budaj - Colorado (pronounced Boo-DIE)
Ryan Smith - Colorado
Henrik Sedin- Vancouver (no, you haven't been drinking too much... you're not seeing double, that's his twin brother Daniel beside him)
Mike Smith - Tampa Bay (All Rookie Team last season, also the rare, sideways printed version)
Tomas Vokoun - Florida ( this is one heckuva goalie pack!)
Zybnek Michalek - Phoenix (pronounced .... oh hell, I don't know...)
Joffrey Lupul - Philadelphia
Jean-Sebastien Giguere - Los Angeles Ducks of Anaheim (just seeing if you're paying attention)
Look at his eyes following that puck! Awesome.
Simon Gagne - Philadelphia
Guillaume Latendresse - Montreal ( finally! a Canadien)
Henrik Lundqvist Masked Men
Wow. A great pack. Not a lot of stars, but a lot of goalies, and superb photography. this was half of one of those FatRackBlister thingies that I busted first here... I've bought three of those so far and no doubles or damaged cards........yet. I love 'em...
A trade/want list will be up soon...

4 comments:

Ben said...

Hey, did you ever get those 1990 Donruss cards I sent? I just remembered about it and was curious.

I've never been a big fan of hockey, but every now and then I'll catch a vintage game on NHL Network. It's kinda fun to watch them beat the crap out of each other with very little in the way of protective headgear.

Canucklehead said...

That Mike Smith card is the best Base Card IMO. Also love the HSedin Card with his Bro DSedin (Huge Canucks fan...and Flames!) I have a few doubles for this set, # 16,120,138, &195

Captain Canuck said...

Ben, yes I did. thanks. I posted about it awhile ago... but like I just said, I got distracted by another set...
I will learn one day

Ben said...

I'm glad you got them. My computer blew up and I was away for about a month, so I must have missed it.