Monday, September 14, 2009

Petty, insecure, classless...

No, I'm not talking about Dan Snyder and the Washington Redskins.... I'm talking about the best basketball player of our generation. Michael Jordan. He was inducted into the basketball Hall of Fame over the weekend.
At a time when all athletes pause, reflect, and humbly give thanks for enshrinment into their sports highest honour, we see Michael show his true colours to the general public.
Long known in basketball circles for being self centered, petty, he showed the public a little taste.
Well done sir. Way to show all those kids who spent the money from their dad's second job on Air Nikes trying desperatley to Be Like Mike, what a real hero you are. I hope not too many fans were watching. Maybe some of them still think you are great.
I know most don't. You are pathetic sir. Good day.


one of many LINKS to the story....

6 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

I feel so dumb. My first thought was that you were talking about Kanye West, another petty, insecure, classless guy who said something awful in the past few days.

thehamiltonian said...

Peter King from SI loved it.

From what I have heard, I am OK with it. He got elected to the HOF, he was one of the greatest of all time. I don't want a cookie cutter speech about his parents and teachers and coaches. I want a little peak at what made him great.

madding said...

The only thing that surprises me about this is how big of a story it is. This is how Jordan always was and always will be, and why I couldn't stand him.

bailorg said...

Meh. I can't say I really care either way and certainly don't consider myself a fan of the NBA, but people get put in sports halls of fame for what they do in the game, not how they handle themselves outside the game.

Professional sports should be about showcasing the best athletes and nothing more.

Doc said...

I've never been a fan of Jordan's. I have seen his escapades with Charles Barkley first hand, and know without a doubt he is a horrible husband.

I have no respect for him, and his ilk.

Jason Presley said...

If only they could have followed up with Rickey with MLB's official response to Michael's State of the Jordan Address.