Monday, June 22, 2009

2005 UD All Star Classics

the 2nd place winner in our little poll was 2005 UD All Star Classics. A set I had not heard too much about. Certainly no packs/boxes of this made their way across the border back then.
Carlos Beltran. Carlos made the team as an injury replacement for Griffey Jr. (there's a shocker) Carlos went 1-2 with a run scored.
David Ortiz. David had a pretty good game as he went 1-1 with a HR, 2 RBI's, 2 runs scored and 2 walks.
Lance Berkman started the game, replacing Griffey Jr. Lance went 0-2 in front of the home crowd.
Torii Hunter never even came close to the All Star game. They wouldn't even sell him a ticket. I have no idea why he is in this set.
Adrian Beltre is a "Future Star"
so is Justin Morneau
Tom Seaver is from the "Legendary All Stars" subset. I always think of Tom as a Red, not a Met. Certainly not a White Sock.
and some guy named after a bear who brought the wrong glove to the game. Smooth.
there you have it. Nice cards. I might grab some of these packs IF I can ever find them. I want to find the card the commemorates the 1st inning meltdown by Roger Clemens, allowing 6 runs before the N.L. could even bat. Nice.

3 comments:

Nachos Grande said...

Not bad cards - I had never seen them before your blog today!

Twitch said...

The are pretty obscure since there were no autographs for anyone to care about. The patches can be pretty freakin' ridiculous if you're lucky enough to pull one though.

The Baseball Card Snob said...

I put this set together last year. Someone at APAD posted it, thought it looked great.

If you decide to put it together send me your lists. I have some leftovers.