Monday, June 1, 2009

Bags Drunk?

So I'm scanning some more cards, going through my traders so I can update my wantlists, when I come across this little card. It's one of about 80 or so Topps Black cards I have for trade.
Nothing to special about it, unless you're an O's fan... until I flipped it over and read the back. (yes. I read the backs of my cards...)
"George inherited a bags-drunk/no outs situation..."
Bags-Drunk???? Seriously? Couldn't we have gone the "Sacks Full", or "Ducks on the pond" route instead of some ridiculous hip hop Bags Drunk analogy.
Baseball cards are still for kids, aren't they????

3 comments:

Ben said...

What the hell... I understand it means bases loaded, but I've never heard the term "bags drunk." I've heard "no, you're drunk," and "not right now, I'm drunk."

I just lost a little respect for Topps...

Anonymous said...

When was the last time you saw a kid buying baseball cards? ;)

I have heard the term "bags drunk" before, but it is a really awkward phrase to put on a baseball card.

Collective Troll said...

i think they meant "bags crunk"...of course i have no idea what that means either...