Monday, July 20, 2009

Box break ...

Yes. I'm still trying to build last years OPC hockey set. It's a tough one to build. 600 cards in the first series (100 SP's) and then another 200 in series 2. I'm not sure how far off I am, but after 3-4 trades, I still felt the need to grab another box.
In it I found a few of these.... shiny!
I got 8 of these shiny inserts.
As for base cards, I gained 56 new cards towards the set. Nice.

I also found 9 gold parallel cards.
Each pack (36 packs per box) also had a '79/80 retro insert. These go on the 'bay for around 60 to 75 cents apiece in larger lots. I figure I could get about $25 bucks or so for these...
Oh, and my one per box Winter Classic hit? None other than Sid the Kid.

I'm glad I picked this one up. The only downside to this box was the SP's... one per two packs. I ended up with 12 doubles. Only adding 6 new SP's to my set. Well, at least I have some more to trade now.

2 comments:

shoeboxlegends said...

I'll gladly trade you for any of the Retro parallels you're looking to part ways with. I have almost 400 out of the 600 (not chasing the Update set), and someday I hope to finish it.

I don't blame you if you want to sell the lot on eBay to recoup a bit of money, but if you do let me know when you list it, you may have a bidder here!

Sal said...

Dude!

Chelios is my favoritest player ever. LMK if you want to trade that retro Chelios (assuming Shane does not need it, that is).