Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2009 Goudey = Big steaming pile of crap

Zman over at Autographed cards has the first look I've seen of the new '09 Goudey.

My wallet just got a little fatter looking at those cards. I will not be buying any needless to say.

What happened to all the really good sets? Why do they insist on taking all these really great ideas and ruining them?


Dinged Corners said...

We agree. They are a step down even from the last two years.

paulsrandomstuff said...

I really, really won't miss Upper Deck if they go away. As far as I'm concerned, their 2009 base set was the last semi-worthwhile thing they produced.

freeandylaroche said...

The lack of creativity on their part is amazing. Other than the missing "Derek Jeter/Ken Griffey Jr. says" bar, are these cards really all that different from last year's iteration?