Thursday, April 2, 2009

I've been neglectful...

So with everything that has been happening over the last couple of months, I somehow have stopped acquiring cards of my favourite (or at least, top 2) player. Adam LaRoche.

In an effort to remedy that, I made a trip to the local card store. Here, that means ebay. A quick search, a couple of clicks, and voila! A brand new 2009 Upper Deck SPx Adam LaRoche auto jersey for $3.
Wait a sec... this is the brand new 2009 Upper Deck SPx Adam LaRoche.... in an Atlanta jersey?!?!? He's only been in Pittsburgh for over TWO YEARS! Can Upper Deck not do anything right? Remember this from the new 2009 base set?

idiots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't expect Upper Deck to throw away perfectly good fabric scraps, do you?

This is a big part of the reason that I'm not a fan of game-used cards anymore.

MarieBay said...

Half the base set is grossly outdated as well. Sabathia is pictured in a Cleveland uniform, he was playing in Milwaukee for a good amount of time, and was traded to the Yankees long before this set was released. I also believe Nady was on the Pirates in this set.

But I love $3 auto cards. It's one of the perks of not always collecting the Pujols and Jones' of the world.