Wednesday, April 8, 2009

a BIG round of applause...

Back on the 28th of March, I posted about a big junkwax tradeaway. Trade me anything, and I'll send you some junkwax. Well reader Julie and her 8 year old son Nick were the first to send me an email.
They offered to finish off my 1991 Fleer Braves team set (you didn't think I was collecting the whole thing, did you?) in exchange for some junkwax. Awesome.
I stuffed a large bubble mailer as full as it would go, and sent it off. This is what I received.
In true card collector community style, Julie and Nick didn't stop with the Fleer. Feeling bad that they didn't have any duplicate Chippers, they dug deep and found a Garrett Anderson for me. Sweet!
Did it stop there? No. Also enclosed were these beauties...
Chipper on a card with some wannabes....

Jeffrey!
Big Mac!
James' RC...
Mr Utility...
Another one of the Jones boys...
One of the best young arms...
the new guy at 1st
That's awesome!
If anyone has some spare Cubs laying around, shoot me an email or leave a comment and I'll give you their address.
Thanks Nick, best of luck to your Cubbies (except when they play the Braves of course.)

No comments: