Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Adam!

Well you knew it was coming. If you thought I wasn't going to post about this day, you don't know me at all. It's Adam LaRoche's 29th birthday today.
Adam was drafted in 1998 and then again in 1999 by the Florida Marlins. He refused to sign. (Wouldn't you?) Atlanta took him in 2000 and he signed. (Good call)

Adam was traded to the Pirates in '07. But he got his revenge. (you must read that, go ahead, I'll wait)
His younger brother Andy, also plays for the Pirates, after escaping the Dodgers.


They follow in their father's footsteps. Former major league pitcher Dave LaRoche.

One of the sweetest swings in baseball....


As you can see.... I have quite a few of his cards.... and a LOT of autos....


Only a slight mancrush..... I miss the days of him and Chipper in the lineup together....

No comments: