Tuesday, December 1, 2009

a Vintage thanks, times two...

a lot of you know Matt from Project Baseball 1976 fame. He also has another blog with a simple theme, A Giant Blog. No, it's not a blog about tall people. But his favourite team, the NY/SF Giants. He's trying to do what I'm trying to do with the Braves, put together team sets going waaaay back.
I was able to help him with some 1970, '71 and '72 Topps that I acquired via trade and card show, and I sent them on to him to enjoy.

Last week, I received an envelope from Matt. Not of vintage Braves. Oh no. Inside were 31 glorious 1977 Topps football cards.
Beautiful. Never heard of any of 'em. Even more awesome. Thanks for the football Matt!

Now here's where it gets hinky. I think, but am not sure, that Matt also included a few 1976 Topps baseball cards as well for my set that will never end. The problem is this. I get so excited at the prospect of maybe one day finishing this set off, I literally rush to my '76 binder and stuff them in the empty slots if I can.
So we'll give Matt credit for some of those too!

Which leads me to the "times two" portion of the post. Our good friend, the main Troll himself, sent me a plain, white envelope, with what could only be a top loader inside of it. One card? Usually trades between us are sent by the pound.... what could this be? Well after I tore it open, inside I found a 1976 Topps Tom Seaver.
Again, no scan as it went into my binder in about 4 seconds.
Thanks Marck!!

I may one day finish this set. Doubtful... but maybe.

2 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

Glad you liked 'em! Mr. Troll sent you a good one!

Collective Troll said...

I am two weeks late reading this, but glad you actually got the card-that has to be record transit time for the postal service! I used the PWE to avoid the dreaded customs forms cuz I am THAT lazy...