Monday, October 18, 2010

a very cool mail day, 1/1 !!!

Friday's mail brought a bill, lots of junk mail, and one yellow envelope. Inside was a card I'd been waiting for. It features my favourite soccer player, keeper Edwin van der Sar of Manchester United. Only it's not from Panini, or Topps, or Upper Deck. But a little known company out of Texas. Big D cards.
 the backs are unusually personal and informative. Well, about care instructions anyways.
and each and every card comes hand signed by the owner of the company. Awesome.

Thanks bud! It looks great in my player binder. Now, if I can only get you to do one of his days playing for the Nederlands.

oh, and if you're interested in my latest card show story (or at least the first half of it) check my other blog at Just A Bit Offside. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I have mixxed feelings about this card.

I like the idea that there are people willing to manufactor soccer cards in the USA, but ...

where does it stop and how do you manage the licensed from the unlicensed ?

Upper Deck has sucked HOOVER style in making MLS cards ... but the monopoly of card companies and the outragous licensing fees charged by MLS has kept the hobby in handcuffs !

Now you see these fake fly-by-night card makers selling soccer memorabilia cards on ebay ...

nice cad though !