Friday, November 26, 2010

Checklist help...

I need a little help. I know for a lot of you, that isn't news. But in this instance, it's with a card checklist. 2010 Topps Chrome Football to be precise. In one of the recent group breaks, I got this card of DeMarcus Ware.
 Now with all chrome football cards, the number is in the top right corner and begins with a 'C', as demonstrated by my good friend Tony here. In this case, 'C20'.
 Now on the back of DeMarcus, we get an '11'. No 'C'. Fine. Maybe he just needs to drink more juice.

But according to every online checklist I can find, DeMarcus is listed as card C123 and Golden Tate is card C11. The Topps website is a waste of time.... does anyone have any cards like this? Does anyone have GoldenTate or DeMarcus Ware and can check the backs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, please check the sidebar to the right as I have finally added my 'Most Wanted' card list. This won;t list a '54 topps Aaron or anything, but cards you may have lying around in boxes or in forgotten piles in the spare room. Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Community Gum said...

Yeah, the Ware is a good ol' fashioned UER (the kind your mom used to throw away). The checklist cards that come in some packs confirm that it should be C123.
--Jon

The Big Kahuna said...

HOW DARE YOU SAY TOPPS MAKE MISTAKE!!! WE SEND ARTILLERY FIRE IN YOUR GENERAL VICINITY. WE SEND CLAY AIKEN TO HUNT YOU DOWN! TAKE BACK WHAT YOU SAID! ONLY PANINI MAKE MISTAKE....TOPPS NO!

Derek Hill said...

I've got the 2010 LaRoche. I'm going to look through your other want lists this afternoon and let you know if i've got anything else.

I appreciate the offer for some of your braves dupes.

My address is:
Derek Hill
1131 Knox Place Dr
Apt T
Greensboro, NC 27407

yours?

Derek Hill said...

Don't really have anything else, but do have cards from a pack of UD 91-92 Hockey & 93-94 Score. I don't know much (ie almost nothing)about hockey and th eonly names I recognize are Sergei Fedorov & Mark MEssier, I'll be happy to send them to you if you want them and the LaRoche.

Unknown said...

I have two of the Ware cards, both numbered 11, but can't help you on the Tate as I don't have it out of two boxes...but another is on the way, so I'll look for it..

Oh and here's a hint as to what happened here...Guess which player is card 11 in plain old 2010 Topps Football...yup, you guessed it, Mr Ware. Just goes to show that sometimes taking shortcuts can come back and bite you on the you-know-what!;-)

Greetings from an Australian NFL card junkie!

Trevor