Wednesday, May 25, 2011

you want Bryce Harper autos? I have Bryce Harper autos....

Sothe other night was trade night at Maple Leaf Sports, my local card shop. I'm not even going to make jokes about it being 45 minutes away in light traffic. This is serious business.
2011 Bowman had made it's appearance. And believe it or not, there are a few baseball collectors coming out of the woodwork up here in the Great White North. Especially the hit chasers.

The jumbos got ravaged first. I had thoughts of picking up a box. Just for the Braves. And some guy named Stras... Harper. But by the time I cleared the mothballs from my wallet, all the jumbos were gone. Sold. Cracked. Wrappers everywhere. A bunch of hockey collectors walking around confused why they don't see ice or skates on these guys....

I looked at the "hit ratio" for regular hobby, only one auto per box, and said to myself, Nah........

So my buddy Mike stepped up and grabbed one. A few packs in he pulls his auto. Yeah, if you've been paying attention, it was Bryce Harper chrome rookie auto.

Euphoria ensues... the heaven's part, angels are singing, doves are let loose as everyone gathers around to see the magical card that has just paid his next two months mortgage payments. As Mike goes to show off his prize, and if you've been paying attention to the title (look again if you need to, now back to me), he notices another card stuck to the back of th Chrome Harper auto.

As he seperates the two, his Chrome Harper auto becomes a Chrome Harper auto and a Blue Bordered Chrome Harper auto.

Make that his next 6 mortgage payments.

Surprisingly, Mike made it out of the shop safely.

If anyone wants to see the magnificent glory that is The Harper. Please check out Maple Leaf Sport's Hit blog.... HERE. You can magnify the pic if you dare by clicking on it.....

4 comments:

Derek Hill said...

Damn, thats awesome.
& Damn, why couldn't that have been in my box?

Eric L said...

At least someone had the wherewithal to photo bomb him and his Harpers.

Drop The Gloves! said...

Those could fund some REALLY nice hockey purchases.

(...Joe) said...

Photo Bomb!!!