Saturday, February 27, 2016

Ever closer.... 1976 edition.

It's a hobby, not a race, right? Good thing. Some of these sets have been wanting for quite sometime.  Case in point, my 1976 Topps set.
Recently, I was able to acquire two new pieces of the puzzle.

#19, George Brett. His second year card. (Remember when second year cards were a big deal?)

and #194, The American League Home Run Leaders.
The back of this card is epic, listing the season leader and his team going back to 1901. Bring your magnifying glass.
(I did scan it, but who knows where it is now, and I'm waaaay too lazy to re-scan.)

These certainly look a lot better than the 2016 incarnation. But that's not a discussion for right now.

I'm now..... 10 cards away from completion. (including the Traded set)

If you can help.... #'s 1, 98, 100, 160, 230, 300, 346, 550, 592, 599

10! !0 bottles of beer on the wall, 10 bottles of beer............

2 comments:

Stealing Home said...

I do remember when second year cards were recommended. I still follow that theory.

Fuji said...

Love this set. Congratulations on grabbing these two... and best of luck on the final 10.