Friday, September 16, 2011

Tribecards on a Braves blog.......

One of the first few bloggers I ever "traded" with when I started this humble blog three years ago, was David from Indians Baseball Cards. Or Tribecards for his friends. You can call it Tribecards. Even people David hasn't met yet he considers friends. That's just the way he is.
I put the word "traded" in quotation marks earlier because back then there was very little if any trading going on. It was all more accurately described as "giving". If you saw something you liked, or needed it, someone would end up giving it to you. If you wanted to send something back, you did. You could call that trading I suppose, but it's different to me.

About a week ago I found a bubble envelope in my mailbox from the great state of Arkansas. That can only mean one thing.....
 Free wax packs!!! Well, free packs anyways... David doesn't use wax to seal his packs. He uses three rolls of tape. Per pack. I'm not kidding.
After freeing the cards from their protective cocoon, I sat and read them for an hour. David always includes a wide variety of cards in his packs, some of which I haven't seen before.
I'll just show a small sampling here, as most of the cards are already in binders, filling in holes in my team sets.

Some of you may not get past the first card. For it is Glorious.
 I can still hear Skip Caray screaming at the top of his lungs... "BRAVES WIN!!!! BRAVES WIN!!!!! BRAVES WIN!!!! BRAVES WIN!!!!!"  Damn I miss him.

Ladies, may I present Mr Ron Gant.
 Line forms at the left....

and of course, Terry Pendleton.
 Terry doesn't look overweight here.... I've never seen Terry not look overweight....

along with the old, I got some new as well....
 Tommy Hanson, and...
 ...Jason Heyward Ginter style.
 Tommy is sad someone took his hat......
 and finally for this showing.... Chipper and Smoltzie on some super embossed Upper Deck set that was cool but everyone has forgotten about.
Thanks David!!! If you want to get in the madness.... visit Indians Baseball Cards.... tell 'em I sent you. The magic password is "Tiger Blood"

No comments: