Saturday, September 3, 2011

What Cano Can Do For You....

If you've been paying attention (I hope someone has because I sure haven't...) you'll remember awhile back when I busted a couple of packs of..... something.... and pulled a bat relic of Robinson Cano. Or maybe it was a jersey relic. Or maybe a sock relic. Something. Anyways, it was Robinson Cano.
Now the only person crazy enough to have a player collection of him is my good friend Marie. She's a little odd about stuff like that, but I like her, so I just go with it.
I sent it off, with not much else, because Marie is a girl. And her collecting tastes are very narrow and a wee expensive. She is after all, a girl. It is their ways.

It is also her way, to be very generous in return, as she sent me a package that contained wonderous Braves inside.
Let's peek inside...

First, one of several Braves relievers popping the mitt at over 100mph, Arodys Vizcaino from a card set that I never knew existed.
 Andruw!!!!!!! I miss Druw. Glad to see he's still smacking the long ball, even if it is for the Yankees in that hatbox they call a stadium.
 Chippah!!! Not once, but....
 ...twice!
 BMac!
 Smoltzie!!! (I'm going to set a record for use of exclamation marks soon...)
 JHEY!
 and Fabulous Freddie Freeman...
 a Bowman Heyward seen celebrating another victory.
 Another Arodys. I can actually type his name now without having to think about the spelling.
 another Jason makes an appearance.
 Are you feeling BLUE????????

Tommy is...
 as is Brandon..
 and young Yasser. I know nothing about Yasser Gomez, except that I hope he grows into his hat one day soon....
 A super duper framed green Jason Heyward.
 Mini Jason!!! I have framed Jason, Mini Jason, and the full size Future Star Jason at least twice, but I do not have Regular base Jason yet. Odd.
 Game worn something of Tim Hudson. Who knew that when Oakland broke up the Big Three, that stat wise Hudson would be the second best pitcher in all of baseball from that moment until now behind Halladay?
 And now some Bowman shiny....

Beachy rookie..
 Big bad Brian
 Mr Home Run Champ...
 Fabulous.... just fabulous...
 and why don't we end with 452 home runs worth of Chipper?
Thanks Marie!!!! I'm already working on something to send back.....

No comments: