Tuesday, June 26, 2012

That's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Fairly odd headline coming from a guy who has never seen a complete episode of Seinfeld. But with all of the Seinfeld/chicken references going around baseball this past week, I figured why not join the crowd? Be one of the 'in' people for once. Assert my individuality by being like everyone else. It's like being a teenager again.

Where was I? Oh, yes, cards. Of course. That is why most of you come here, isn't it? (those few not withstanding who are still checking out the hot soccer chicks. I'm over here.... hello?)

Moving on, they'll catch up later....

I bought a few baseball cards at the last card show. I'll show you these four now.... maybe the rest later if I ever find where I put them down.....

Four, count them, four outstanding Braves cards for the low, low price of $8.

You know any Braves post HAS to contain Chipper, right? Well here's mine...
2012 Heritage New Age Performers....
He also had a stack of these Gold Rush cards. Apparently you had to send in wrappers to Topps in exchange for these. Who knew? Not this boy. Yeah, I haven't been paying attention much.

I now own, Dan Uggla

recent number retired honouree and future Hall of Famer John Smoltz
and Warren Spahn.
Now these are pretty cool. I'm not going after the set or anything crazy like that... but I do want all the Braves. A quick check at Topp's website for a checklist....
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Looking at Topp's website for a checklist! That's gold, Jerry! Gold!
Anyways, if any of you know of, or have any Braves that I ain't got listed here (ther's only three to keep track of, it's easy) Please let me know and we'll get a deal done.

It was nice to be able to find time to write... thankfully Euro 2012 is almost over. I may get my life back again. Wait. What do you mean the Olympics are starting? When? Uh oh...........





2 comments:

bamlinden said...

Chippah!!!!!!

Dude! Not one single episode? Lame!

I don't even know what to say.

Play at the Plate said...

I wanna be a Euro fan too...