Friday, April 11, 2014

2014 Topps Heritage Baseball....... Anyone? Bueller?

for those of you who don't know.... I caved. I joined the twitters. So far, I've managed to avoid the idiots you hear so much about. Had some interesting give and take with people I would've never conversed with otherwise, and won a box of baseball cards.

Yes. I won a box of baseball cards on twitter. Worth the price of admission right there.

A friend (@yanxchick) sent out a tweet asking if I was going to watch the breaking of six boxes of the brand new 2014 Topps Heritage on Box Busters Live.
The first thing I had to do was figure out what Box Busters Live was.... thankfully with a few clicks of the trackball and I found my way to @chrisolds2009 and Beckett.

Yeah... that Beckett.

Turns out @toppscards sent @beckettmedia and @chrisolds2009 the boxes to be opened, AND GIVEN AWAY!

okay... no more twitter talk. Let's get down to brass tacks.

You've all seen mountains of Heritage by now.... so I'll just hit the mojo sickz that the kids are crazy about.

Box Topper, Kansas City A's pitcher John O'Donoghue. (yes kids, the A's used to play in Kansas City)


Here's an action variant SP, found one per box.


here's a logo variation, found one in almost six boxes.


a mini!!!! with max Scherzer's evil whacked out eyes.  Found one in nine and a half boxes. (the mini's, not Scherzer's eyes...)

You're supposed to get either an auto or a jersey card, one per box. I ended up with Chris Sale.
(any Sox fans out there, he's for trade.)


Most boxes will get two Chrome parallels. I ended up with Cliff Lee and..............

perhaps the worst hair in all of baseball.


oh, and this dude, who I seem to be a magnet for. Blacks are again, one per about every nine and a half boxes.
It's serial numbered 65/65

Of course I got the usual amount of high numbers and regular base cards. I'm trying to build this set, so if anyone has any swaps they don't want.... hit up my want lists. (link can be found on the right side)

A big thanks to Topps, Beckett, Chris Olds and The Sooz for the cards. Twitter might not be too bad after all.

Oh, and if you're a tweeter, hit me up @Mr_Wackypants

6 comments:

JediJeff said...

Let me see what I have in my dupes, but let's also chat about that Sale relic, pul-leeeeeeeeease.

Play at the Plate said...

I want the Darvish and Profar. I'll let you know.

Unknown said...

Man much better than my hobby box. I've got a couple of high numbers to trade for two I don't have along with some dupes from other packs.

Shoot me a list and I'll shoot you mine. Haven't blogged in a while, life got in the way with a new job but my site is:
http://otwbbcards.blogspot.com

Shanewkatz at gmail dot com

Almost working on the actual 1965 Topps set too.

Unknown said...

I'll also look at your other wants, think I can help on UD baseball and Ginter.

Commishbob said...

I put a comment on your wantlist. I have some of your wants, headed your way tomorrow or Monday.

night owl said...

You're on Twitter for 5 weeks and you win a box of cards.

I haven't won squat in 2 years.

Twitter sucks.