Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Great Waxaholic Playoff Hockey Winner Announced!

The Grand prize winner is..... Madding! Congratulations Madding. Please email me your address and your prize will be sent out.

A special thanks to all who participated... I hope for those of you who didn't follow hockey before, that maybe you took a peek at a game or two because of this contest. It was a great playoff year.

Congrats to the Penguins! The similarities between 1983 and '84, and 2008/2009 are a little spooky. Could the Penguins be set to go on a Oiler-esque type run the way Edmonton did after finally dethroning the Islanders? Time will tell.

Final standings...

madding - 34 points
thehamiltonian - 30 pts
Greg - 25 pts
Zman - 23 pts
kevincrumbs - 23 pts
dayf - 22 pts
Matt R - 21 pts
Shane Diaz - 19 pts
tunguska - 18 pts
roofgod - 18 pts
theghostofcorysnyder - 15 pts
nightowl - 12 pts


if Detroit had won Game 7, Greg would've been champ, with dayf in 2nd. What could've been, eh?

3 comments:

dayf said...

I actually would have felt worse coming in second, so I guess it's a good thing for me that that shot clanged off the crossbar.

thehamiltonian said...

So close!

madding said...

I'm a little frightened by how well I did.