Tuesday, December 7, 2010

simple is better....

Trading cards over the internet is not an easy activity. You don't know the other person, and they don't know you. You might think you have valuble cards, they might think you have junk. Your idea of value and theirs are never the same.
This is why I really don't trade with members of the blogging sphere. I've been doing this for a long time, and back then it was if I had cards you liked, I sent them to you. If you had something you thought I might want, you sent it to me.
I still do this to this day. I'll send Marlins to Wicked, Braves and Hoops basketball to dayf, Dodgers get split between gcrl and Night Owl, Rays to Troll, BoSox to John in the U.K. etc... etc........ and every once in awhile, I'll get something from them.

But lately, everyone wants to trade. I don't have time for that. The back and forth emailing, keeping track of what's what. Remembering to include everything in the envelope. Oy. I'm just not that smart.
So for instances when I need to trade, simple is best. Thankfully Dave over at é rayhahn, rayhahn felt sympathy for me and concluded a simple one for one swap.

He posted this beauty in a trade post awhile ago....
and after very brief negotiations, I sent him a 2007 Bowman's Best Glen Perkins auto.
Clean.
Simple.

Thanks David!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - even without "Captain Canuck" on the envelope, they expedited the delivery!

(And who is this "David" I keep reading about ;-)

- Rhubarb_Runner


(word verification: ponders)

Drop The Gloves! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drop The Gloves! said...

Hey, you want my Panini football sticker album and like 15 stickers?

the sewingmachineguy said...

How am I ever gonna pry that Suh red auto from your mitts?

Anonymous said...

Got your Masterpieces parallels in the mail the other day. Very nice. I didn't know you were throwing in a Blue 150 as well, so that was greatly appreciated.

I still have that Crown Royale Romo for you. Do you think you'll have your 2010 Topps base set wants soon? If so, I'll wait and mail it all at one. If not, I can send the Romo awhile.