Thursday, December 23, 2010

Trade Night Success! and an update....

My 'local' card shop has a trade night every month. Nothing too special, just a bunch of guys getting together to generally belittle each other's choice in sports teams, with pizza and pack wars thrown in. Surprisingly, very little trading occurs. But a lot of wax gets busted.
This time, there was a lot of trading. Usually when someone comes up to me around here and says; 'You're that Braves fan, right?' It isn't a good thing. This time it turned out to be.
I was able to trade a couple of Martin Brodeur inserts for this baby....
 On card /99. Doesn't get much better than that. Thanks for the swap Mike.
I also traded for a bunch of hockey stuff, but you can see that on Just A Bit Offside when I get around to it. Maybe tonite. Maybe.

Also a small envelope from Darkship arrived. Todd had one of the last two stickers I needed for the 2010 Panini World Cup Sticker Book.
 Shiny!

Chris Harris had sent me two of the last four I needed....

So now I'm just down to #36. From what I hear, dayf has it on the way. I can't wait. I just might finish this sucker in 2010. Awesome.

4 comments:

stusigpi said...

Any Canadiens that have Masterpieces parallels laying around?

dayf said...

The package is together but not quite at the post office yet. I will do my best to get it out tomorrow.

Play at the Plate said...

Nice trade!

dayf said...

Ok, so the post office was closed.
This is bad.
But! They have an automated machine that spits out postage.
This is good!
But! They won't accept international packages with stuff in it.
This is bad.
But! They will let you send a letter with correspondence in it!
This is good!
So-- You have a letter from Acworth in the mail with correspondance explaining that I'll mail the package soon and a couple stickes may have fell in the envelope maybe by accident.