Monday, December 20, 2010

What $17 and the last card show of the year brought me...

I went out to the local rec centre for the last card show of the year. I took my usual $20. Let's see what I procured.
I actually bought quite a few cards this time, which is unusual. Normally I come home with 4 or 5 cards. 15 cards came home in my pocket. All for $17.
Maybe the best of which is this beauty. A 1967 Philadelphia Dan Reeves Rookie.
 A wee off center and a couple of creases... but for $2 I could not say no. This makes 3 cards I have out of the 11 card team set. Only 8 more to go!!!! The seller said he'll bring more Cowboys next time for me to go through....
Hmmm... I need a coin to find out the answer. Or I could Google it. How times have changed.
Not too bad though... 16 touchdowns and over 1300 yards. And to think you just thought he was a Hall of Fame coach.

For the rest of my card show booty, you'll have to cross over to my other blog, Just A Bit Offside. Thanks. See you there.

1 comment:

CaptKirk42 said...

Cool Vintage Philly (the company not the dang team) card.