Monday, March 26, 2012

Another Wagner back in circulation...

Open up the freezer and crack open that block of ice you hid the credit card in.... starting tomorrow (tuesday) morning at 9am EST, This T206 Honus Wagner will be on the auction block.
Graded VG3 by SGGC, it was purchased by a Houston business man in the mid '80's, and has not been circulated since.
Starting bid is $300,000. The card is expected to fetch between $1,000,000 and $1,500,000 by the end of auction, April 19,2012.

It wasn't announced, but I'm guessing the original buy price of this card was about $8,000 - $10,000.
Talk about a nice profit.
I know one thing for sure.... no card I bought in the mid '80's is going to fetch anywhere near this amount.

2 comments:

(...Joe) said...

Any idea if the auction is online or if it's in an auction house?

topher (Crackin Wax/Varsity Trading Cards) said...

Hmmm... that gives me an idea. Maybe I'll start freezing my baseball cards in ice. That won't damage them at all, will it? lol