Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cardboard quality over quantity...

not too far back I decided, conciously or subconciously, to veer away from my normal buying habits at card shows. Oh sure, I still pick up cards that aren't on my lists, (always bring your lists kids!) and I tend to buy too many cards with other people in mind.(that's my greedy alter ego talking) But I wanted to try and 'upgrade' my player collections. At every show, pick up at least one high end card, instead of just dozens of cards from the dollar box.
So at the last two card shows, I have done just that. I'll show a baseball related one here, and later a hockey item on my other blog, Just A Bit Offside.

From this year's Topps Tribute, Mr Tommy Hanson.

Tommy is smiling because he's about to strike out the side with one pitch. This shiny beauty set me back $15. That may not be high end for some of you.... but for someone like me who spends their time scrounging through quarter boxes... it's high end.
Nice to have you home Tommy.... now if I could only touch it......



They tried naming a street after Tommy Hanson in Atlanta, but they had to change it because nobody crosses Tommy Hanson and lives.

3 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I had a comment to make about Hanson until I saw the Soccer Fan. Whoa.

Fuji said...

If I were you, I'd pop that bad boy out... and rub the red beard for luck! Nice purchase.

shoeboxlegends said...

Very nice card, and $15 seems more than reasonable for that one!