Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Thanks to Tribecards!

About a month ago I was reading through the latest blog updates, when I came upon a post from our good friend David over at Indians Baseball Cards. He had just posted about a wonderful book he had found that was put out by Surf Soap in 1987. It was a full colour, glossy soft cover book detailing every Topps baseball card of the Cleveland Indians from 1952 through 1986. Pictures of every damn one of them.
Also included, a brief write up about the team for each season of issued cards.
What a cool book I thought. I was so jealous that I never got to see these regional oddball items. And I wished there was a Braves version.
Well wouldn't you know, David ended his post by listing all of the teams these books were available for. And the Braves were one of them!

*Open new browser...
*type in fleebay.ca
*search for Braves Surf book...
*click on Buy it now $4.95!!!!!
Woot!
my scanner does not like scanning books....
but you get the idea here....
every card from '52 through '86. It's nice to look at these and see which ones I'm missing from my team set binders.
I'm getting closer every day, and books like these help.
Thanks for the post David.
To see what other teams are available, click on the link at the top of this post to Indians baseball Cards. It'll take you to David's article.

4 comments:

night owl said...

Now that you have one of these books, I hope you don't run into the same problem that I do -- think that you have a card that you really don't have, you just saw it in your Surf book and your brain tricked you into thinking you had it.

It's hell to get old.

Motherscratcher said...

I was going to make a comment about how great David is and that cool book but BurtonClary031 beat me too it. That guy is so articulate.

Teddy Dziuba said...

My father and I had the Yankees Surf book and we used to bring it to the Yankee fan fest every year when I was a kid to load it up with auto's...the nicer guys would sign more than one page, but at the very least, they would always sign on their favorite cards. It's one of our favorite pieces of memorabilia =)

Jeremy said...

I wish I could find the Jays version of this book.