Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wally Moon Wannabe?

Some more singles from the weekend card show.... Night Owl had asked to keep a look out for a Sandy Koufax. Any Koufax.... This was as close as I got. Well, actually, there was a gentleman there who had a 1966 Koufax that he rescued from some bicycle spokes somewhere. He had it on "Show special" for $300, down from $350. If I had cash, $280.
It's still there Greg. Sorry pal.

Anyways, from the same guy I got the '71 OPC from, I found this beauty for .50 cents.
Bill is so blinded by his eyebrows he is mistakingly hacking away at his Rookie trophy.
I also grabbed a few '75 OPC, including the Wes Westrum card. Better known as the San Francisco Giants Team checklist, unmarked, for a buck.
Yes, I put Dodgers and Giants right next to each other. What are you gonna do?
Along with Wes, I grabbed a couple of cards of rookies. Pitchers.....
and outfielders....
again, .50 cents each.
Later today, my hockey singles... (you knew there had to be some, didn't you?)
And then, the best baseball card at the whole show. Yes, even better than that $300 Koufax. It is Awesome with a capital "A".
Free internet cookies to anyone who can guess the card, or even the set....

2 comments:

night owl said...

No biggie. I have that Koufax. And it didn't get caught up in bicycle spokes.

dfwbuck2 said...

i guess 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson